Actually since I am going to be writing a lot this week, I have an article due for Elan Magazine, I thought I would do a quick writing excercise.
I thought it was so great when Alton Brown did a couple of haikus on the Iron Chef the other night so I am going to attempt a haiku about my great Memorial Day weekend.
OK I tried and it didn't work I am much too impatient tonight for the patient laboring it takes to write a haiku so I am going to just give you this.
Friday
Gardening in the spring rain, laughing at a great movie while sharing a large family size popcorn with the 5 hugs and one aunt.
Sunday
Napping and church.
fighting a migraine and drifting off to sleep after husband makes dinner.
Monday
Gardening, gardening, vegetable planting in the cool spring breezes.
Cooking up the first corn on the cobs of the coming summer season and eating a friend's homemade butter and icecream. Laughing at neices and the chaos of friends and family.
Life is bliss this weekend. Except for that little stint with the migraine.
1 comment:
It sounds like you had a great weekend minus the headache. I am glad it didn't stay too long. That was nice of Tom to make dinner. He is getting to be quite the chef it sounds like.
Post a Comment