"You will be more dissapointed by the things you didn't do than the one's you did. Explore. Dream. Discover" -- Mark Twain
Sunday, October 16, 2011
Becca turned double digits yesterday. We had a pretty laid back birthday. It was a non party year. She had a few requests and if you know Rebecca you know they revolved around food. For breakfast she asked for orange sweet rolls. For Dinner she asked for Ninja restaurant
But the really fun part was making her cake together. Rebecca is really into being artistic. She decided she wanted to help decorate her own cake. We decided to do a monster face. She wanted a Halloween theme cake. She asked for white cake with raspberry filling. I used my new raspberry pie filling for the center. It turned out delicious. I think the cake turned out great and it's fun that we did it together.
We also did a little shopping. She lives for shopping.
We also went to the apple festival where we listened to a new musician called Lyndy Butler who had promised Becca a cd as a birthday present.
That night we went to Ninja restaurant. Becca loves the New York Steak. Then we came home and opened presents and had our monster cake. Becca then watched Harry Potter 5. Rebecca wants to be Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter for Halloween. She was doing some research.
Overall it was a fun day and not overly stressful.
I love my Becca. It is fun to watch her grow up. I can't believe she is 10.
10 Things I love about Becca.
1. She has an amazing inner self confidence. It makes her beautiful.
2. She always says what she thinks. (and it always is a surprise to me)
3. She is witty. She has me in stitches at least once a day.
4. She has the best giggle. I dare you not to laugh too when she starts giggling.
5. She has an organized brain. She alphabetized my spice drawer once for fun.
6. She has a style all her own and always looks her best.
7. She loves to paint, draw, sculpt and create.
8. I truly believe she is one of the most capable people I have ever met. She can be anything she wants.
9. I heart her freckles.
10. She is so helpful. There are days I literally thank my Heavenly Father for sending her to me. I am not sure how I would survive without her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds like you guys had fun! Happy Birthday Becca!
Happy Birthday to Becca! It looks like she had a great bday and that cake is so cute. When did she get her cast off?
Post a Comment