Friday, September 12, 2008

Favorite Find - 15 Minutes with My Girl

I didn't really find anything spectacular this week and although my kids are usually really good funny fodder, my funny bone just wasn't in the mood to be tickled today. I did however find something really great today, a fifteen minute walk with my three-year old.
This morning that girl about sent me to the asylum as she picked the worst possible moment to throw a tentrum tantrum. She managed to make her brother and sister and my other two carpool kids late for school just because she didn't want to wear any of the four pants we offered her. She stayed home and helped Tom have a wonderful start to his day as he wrangled her into her bed. Later she left a trail of pee across the house, even after she promised she would have no more accidents. Finally after I spent a good fifteen minutes cleaning up puddles, I decided we needed a break. With her siblings at friends' houses, she and I set out for a walk on her big wheels. A leisurely walk with a three year-old happy to have her Mom finally spending fun time with her turned out to be my favorite find this week. Sometimes we spend so much time looking for the greatest deal or a favorite book or more time, we forget to take time out. My little girl needed some one on one time. I needed to remember why I love her so much. As we made up our own lines to our favorite book "We're Going on a Bear Hunt," I watched my little girl in her pink slippers push her way through a patch of sidewalk invaded by sunflowers. I knew I had found my moment.

3 comments:

Melinda said...

It is so true! Some of the most simplest things we do to spend time with our kids is the best. Glad you had a good time.

H said...

It is so difficult to do the one on one time and make it fun for them and yourself--good job! Also, I'm not sure what is up with the fruit and deliveris and all that fun stuff, but if you have me down for any, cancel it, I have just ovewhelmed myself with all of it at once-aahh! Busy week ahead for me!

Libby said...

We miss Lia so much! Is she in preschool this year? I kept Elise home and I will do it next year instead. But sometimes I wish I had signed her up so she could have some special time of her own.