I have been saving up for my Talkative Tuesday Post so be warned.
After a hectic week of canning I think I am almost finished, or at least ready to call it a week. If it can't be frozen or cooked in a pie I am done for at least a week. Too bad my tomatoes in my garden are all finally turning red and my zuchinnis up and decided to win the battle with the squash bugs and are now becoming a little to prolific. Please, I need a breather and so does my three year-old.
Saturday I had a great time at the SUU Homecoming football game. This was extremely surprising to me. It has been pretty well broadcast by me that I am no football fan. I just could never watch an entire game. Turns out I understood the rules even worse than I thought. So, as my husband, whispered sweet football nothings in my ear this Saturday I replied with things like, "Oh that is only worth one point." "You mean you can get an extra point for that?" "Oh that is what a down is." "They are not allowed to push the reciever out of the way?" I was shocked to discover that by half-time I finally got it. By the fourth quarter I was on my feet and screaming as fast as my football fanatic husband. I was aching inside for our friend the head coach as he just barely lost the game. I just can't believe it. I may actually go to another game this year. Tom bought season tickets. I still can't watch it on TV. I need the adrenaline rush of the stadium and my husband's commentary yell-muttering in my ear. I also need some sort of emotional attachment to one of the teams and that pretty much narrows it down to BYU, SUU and possibly PENN State.
My husband and I have been married for 13 years. This week I started to think that maybe 13 years is an unlucky number for household appliances. It is ridiculous how many things have broken just this week. As I started to reflect on the number of items that have broken this year (not just household appliances) I have started to lean towards becoming just a tad suspicious. Within the past week my hairdryer, oven, and washing machine all started acting strangely. The oven is completely broken. The washing machine has a 50/50 chance of leaking water all over my laundry room floor and my hairdryer is, well gone after it started screeching at me.
Let's just review the list of broken things this year.
1. My van. The engine broke for the second time. We had to buy a new car, which I love by the way.
2. My lifetime warranty sink cracked. Thank heavens for lifetime warranties.
3. My piano has at least two keys that don't play.
4. My crockpot up and died last month in the middle of cooking. It was thirteen years-old after all.
5. The stucco finish is peeling off my columns. OK that started last year but it is getting worse.
6. My husband felt the need to buy me a new toaster for my birthday because some of it was broken.
7. My oven is currently broken.
8. My hair dryer broke, oh that reminds me
9. My curling iron broke earlier this year too but that happens all the time.
10. My washing machine is on the fritz.
11. October
12. November
13. December
I have three more months to go and I hope that the broken appliances pace themselves. Because I am running out of a budget for new appliances. The Christmas budget is starting to disappear.
P.S. I bought an extended warranty for my oven and washing machine earlier this year. I thought it might be a crazy thing to do. But the $50 warranty is now paying for a $600 repair. Whew. Dodged that bullet.
6 comments:
Don't you miss the good ol days when stuff was made to last? My parents still have their microwave from 1979- no kidding, she keeps hoping it will die to no avail. Sounds like your house has soemkind of electrical jinx. Sorry! Oh by the way I love football and pretty much know all the rules. I wanted ot go to the game but had prior plans. I am so competitive that I can't stand the loss so I guess I'm glad I wasn't there.
Yikes! When it rains it pours!!
Well the number 17 must be unlucky too, because we have already replaced our upstairs air conditioning, the dishwasher and the suburban is making very funny noises. Clay is hoping it last until March (that is when Jess will get her license) and we will be buying a new car for me.
WOw, that is a lot to be going wrong! Sorry you have to deal with all of that. That is no fun and adds so much more stress you don't want to be dealing with. Hope it gets better for you. I love your new car too!
Oh Rachelle, you can do this football can be your friend. I can't believe you've held off this long. I really like it. And if you want to start with BYU and Penn State you will be off to a good start they are ranked like #8 and #6(I think). They are both having great seasons. I agree that going to a live game of any sport is more fun but just give the TV games another chance.
As for broken stuff-don't get me started I think I am the jinx when it comes to stuff like that. I don't even want to talk about appliance problems. However, I don't even know if my curling iron or my hairdryer still work. I haven't used them in so long.
You're really worrying me. Two years to go. We got our Washer & dryer when we bought Eagle Pointe. Daily, I'm amazed they still work. Is that when you got yours, too?
Post a Comment