It was a long busy week. It seems as if each week disappears more quickly than the next. I had a crazy schedule today that got blown out of the water by those sneaky migraines. I swear I have lost more time to migraines than anything else.
But I did have a few random higlights to share:
Isaac had his first baseball game today. They got tromped. But they are a brand new team, while most of the little league teams have already played together for awhile. Isaac was a little annoyed that he struck out. He kept jumping out of the way of the ball, so he thought it was the pitcher's fault. But even I could see that he was crowding the plate. It was a freezing windy cold day and the girls and I wimped out towards the end and waited out the last inning in the car. Two more games next week and I have high hopes it will be a better experience for all.
I can't believe my kids' 4th term of school is over next week. They get a break the first week in May and then their summer vacation starts June 30th. I just want to let any of you who have wondered about the school know how happy I am with the charter school. Yes, they are still working out a few bugs but every school has problems. I just love the way my children are encouraged to move on to the next level of learning once they have mastered a set of skills. Just in case any of you are curious about the school you can attend the open house next week.
SATURDAY, MAY 2, 2009- GPA RUMMAGE/CRAFT FAIR, CARNIVAL AND OPEN HOUSE TOURS FROM 7:30 AM TILL 2:30 PM
And to end this post on a humorous note:
As soon as I felt my migraine slipping away today around 7 p.m. Lia came and told me the dishwasher was leaking soap. Sure enough, Isaac had put the Dawn hand dish washing soap instead of the actual dishwasher soap into the soap dispenser. We are still trying to get all the foam out of the dishwasher 2 hours later. Sometimes I wonder if that boy ever thinks before he does things. He knows which soap to use. Anyway it made me laugh. What child hasn't had an experience like this?
1 comment:
I'm sorry you are having so many migraines. I didn't know you got them so often.
That is pretty funny about the bubbles. Shockingly enough, we haven't had that happen yet.
Post a Comment