Monday, April 6, 2009

Write A Little Monday Too Much Writing

I am not going to give you any pithy words today. I finally finished my second article due this week and I am all out of creativity. I am also tired today of trying to be grammatically correct, so ignore any mistakes. However, I do have some writing topics to share.

My article "Women Go Virtual" is in the current Wasatch Woman mag. My cute sister-in-law, Libby is quoted in it. So if you want to see her quote, Salt Lake sisters, grab a copy. Libby I have a copy for you and I forgot to give it to you Sunday.

Also, next week I am starting an article I am submitting to Utah Mama website. I would love my dear friends' input. The article is going to be on How do we teach our daughters the true meaning of beauty and/or how do we teach them to be beautiful?
I want to hear your guys take on this so please share your thoughts, although beware some of them will probably appear in the article.

2 comments:

Melinda said...

I am going to have to think about his for a while. It is so important to teach our girls inner beauty before they get all screwed up from the media.

I will have to check out the magazine. Thanks for letting us know.

KA said...

Get ready, because I have a lot of thoughts on this one.
1-Lead by example. Whatever you say about yourself they see in themselves. If you focus on YOUR exterior imperfections rather than the divinity within, so will they.
2-Compliment their character and talents rather than just how "cute" they are. Or, focus on their beautiful eyes, hair, hands, etc... rather than what they are wearing that day. I fall into cute trap all the time.
3-Casually remark on the divinity and talents in other women or girls.
4-Take the time to teach them appropriate grooming and how to feel beautiful and how to delight in being a girl.
5-Remind them that while they may have opinions on what makes someone physically attractive, God made all of us unique because that is what HE thinks is beautiful.