


I have been waiting to see the musical Les Miserables forever. Last night I finally got to see it. It wasn't on Broadway but it was still a moving performance. I love, love the Les Mis story and music. I love all the story lines and the theme of how love can change a person. Tuacahn theatre in St. George got permission to perform it this year and I told Tom I wanted to see it last February. Last night we went with a bunch of friends and Bruce and Linda. I was worried the outdoor ampitheatre of Tuacahn would detract from the play but it was pretty awesome. When Eponine sang her songs about rain there were actual lightning flashing above the cliffs of Tuacahn. They were able to set off fireworks during the battle scenes. There were even bats flying in the background once it got dark. I don't think bats have anything to do with Les Mis but it was still cool.
I was really worried the performance would be a little amatuerish (it did have a few of these moments) but it was actually welll-performed. I loved the guy that played Javert and there were some amazing voices. At least now I can check this off my "to do" list.
I'm going to post a few pics of my kids so everyone can catch up on their growth spurts.
I have also been thinking about how to use this post. My sister used to do this cool thing where each day of the week had a theme. I think I'm going to do my own version of day themes starting next week.
1 comment:
I am so glad you got to go! I swear, I asked my mom if she was doing anything when I was talking to her, and do you think she mentioned that she was going?? NO, of coarse not. I am glad though that you had a great time. I would love to go and see that.
Post a Comment