I really love St. Patricks Day and I am not even Irish. I am however married to a part Irish guy which makes all my kids part Irish so we love this green day.
Last night I sprinkled clover confettin in my kids beds so they woke up excited to see that the leprechauns were here last night. Isaac of course knew I was the real leprechaun, which I consider an improvement in his intelligence, since he used to think his Irish heritage would one day turn him into a leprechaun.
Becca ran to check my bed and informed me that the leprechauns must hate me because I did not get any confetti. I guess she didn't see all the confetti on my dining room table indicating that indeed the leprechauns do love me because I love St. Patrick's Day and because I hold an annual luncheon for the girls in my family. Of course they love me.
I served up some green eggs and ham for breakfast and then proceeded to to clean my house. I served my staple pesto alfredo fettucine for lunch with some asparagus, spinach salad and lime chiffon pie.
I added a new dessert to my green repertoire: blarney stones which are really just cake squares with frosting and then crushed peanuts on the outside. They were a pretty big hit. But we all know kissing the blarney stone brings good luck. The amazing part is I never make cake from scratch. I didn't realize the recipe was for cake and when I took it out of the oven I realized I had accomplished an amazing feat. I had made cake from scratch.
Later in the afternoon the kids came home and Isaac put together a treasure hunt. He is after all just a really tall leprechaun.
For dinner I made corn beef and cabbage salad. None of us really loved the corned beef so that was a been there, done that, don't need to do it again moment.
All in all it was a good day and my house only got moderately messy after 8 kids ran free for all through the house, while the moms just chatted an hour away.
3 comments:
I am sad I missed the lunch. They really are a lot of fun. That is a big thing to make cake from scratch. That is a cute idea for the chopped peanuts and making it the stone.re
I am also sad I missed out. I'm so glad you had a great time though!
you are so much fun. We went to a friends house with Jess for a mini partyand Anna dressed up so green, she was just like a little leprechaun. She must have a little of you in her.
Post a Comment