Saturday, March 21, 2009

Pinewood Derby




I have to admit I am just glad it is behind us. I am also happy to say that the actual event was a lot less stressfull than last year. Isaac's candy corn car may not have won any prizes but it didn't do so bad either. It actually won a few of the races. Isaac did not even find out his final average time, which is just fine with me. I think the lack of finite score giving took some of the stress away from this event.

I am especially grateful to the Hughes assistant grandpa, Frank McNabb for helping Isaac with the final adjustments of wheels and weights. I had to do some final whittling myself and Isaac did some hole drilling when it came in over the 5 oz limit but we pulled it off in the end. Tom was able to come and cheer Isaac on. Isaac had a lot of fun this year and he already has two designs drawn up for his final pinewood derby next year. It is looking like a sword or an arrow. Isaac did get a lot of compliments on his interesting design idea. Only Isaac would imagine a car shaped and painted like a candy corn.

2 comments:

Melinda said...

Good ole Frank. He is so nice to help out. I am so glad it all turned out and that car is pretty cool. I love that they didn't take score. That would be so much better. Is it bad to say that I am dreading starting scouts again with Cameron this summer? I has been so nice not having anyone in cub scouts.

Kelly said...

That is so creative!! I have got a lot of Pinewood Derby's in my future and I am not sure how I feel about that. Good job Issac.